Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Black Jays Forever

We’re back. Well, at least I’m back. I have no idea whether or not the other 2 esteemed authors on this page intend on reuniting. Anyhow, 3 or 4 fans of this URL recently commented on the lack of new material over the summer.

After realizing that other people actually read this shit I felt compelled to make a comeback……..and what better way to start it off by talking about the Toronto Blue Jays, the team of destiny, off to a great start, sure to be fighting for a playoff spot in September….
Fuck…. what were we thinking? How could I ever believe that Black Jays would be Blue for the first time since 1993? Why do I still take pleasure in the fact that they are dummying the Red Sox at this very moment? They’re a joke!

It’s funny to read Nabber’s post from June 18th below. How things have changed. Although I did not share his optimism at that point, nor his prediction that the Black Jays would be playoff bound, I agreed with the majority of his points.

I have no idea if what I’m about to say is accurate because I have done zero research, but I’ll throw it out there. The Jays’ collapse this year has to be one of the more underrated in recent memory in Major League Baseball. If the Yankees or Red Sox started 27-14 and held the AL East lead in mid-May only to shit the bed and finish well below .500 it would be HUGE. Would Joe Girardi still have a job? I doubt it. Would A-rod still be alive? Questionable.


While this season was a complete waste in terms of team results, there were definitely a few positives to take away from the campaign.

1) Aaron Hill had a monster year. He should definitely finish top 10 in MVP voting. He just hit his 36th bomb of the year and potentially could hit 40 the way he’s been hitting lately. Arguably, he is the best 2B in the league. Fuck you Pedroia, you’re a rat.


2) Adam Lind finally broke out and put up big numbers. We’ve been hearing for years how good of a hitter he will turn out to be and it was great to see him live up to the potential this year.

3) J.P. Ricciardi comes through with his all-time best move as the General Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays by releasing Alex Rios. Rios is and always has been an overrated piece of shit. Now Chicago White Sox fans can waste their time waiting for that clown to be an MVP candidate. Not gonna happen.


There are other positives but I don’t give a shit. They’re 73-84, who cares.

It’s good to be back on the blogosphere, I’m going to attempt to toss something on here fairly often as I do pretty much nothing at all otherwise.


Check ya later,
Tbo

1 comment:

  1. as one of the 4 loyal fans, I loved it.Glad your back, hope to see you on a dancefloor soon.

    ReplyDelete