Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Waaaay Too Many Passwords

I'm so glad Teebs notified me last night that he had written something for this page.

I forgot it existed. And because I forgot it existed, I forgot my password - one of 957 that I have for various websites. Can this problem be solved?
I signed up for a monster account and was actually told by my computer, when entering my desired password, that it wasn't "strong" enough.
Excuse me? Hey computer, I give the god damn orders alright? You do what I tell you...

Anyway, it's good to be back, like Teebs said. Many things have transpired over the summer, none of which any of us will ever get to. So let's just pretend those things never happened.
(I'm thinking of you Toronto Blue Jays)


I also want to run away from the absurd predictions I made months ago...
Something caught my eye in Major League Baseball today however, and I would like to share. (Notice how I didn't say "The MLB". People that say "The MLB" should be sent back to Grade 1. It's not The Major League Baseball. It is Major League Baseball. Let's not confuse it with the four other majors: NFL, NHL and NBA. It makes sense the throw the word "the" in front of those organizations. Canadian television personalities and Rogers Sportsnet are always making this comical foible.)
Today, the Cleveland Indians announces they have fired manager Eric Wedge with a more six games to play in 2009. How ridiculous. Teams do this a lot, but I don't really understand why. The Indians couldn't stomach firing Wedge when they were 40-60 in July?
The Jays did that to Cito back in 1997. They fired him with five games left.
I guess I didn't have a whole lot to say about that, just that it wrankles me.


Teebs is right. Now that summer is over and there is much less do to, I will be on more regularly. I'm thinking a weekly segment with yours truly.

Go get em' Goody.

No comments:

Post a Comment