Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Black Jays Fiasco

Hello again.
And btw Teebs, Everett walking is old news. Let's get with the program. I was at the game when he walked on the field and gave a speech. Very touching...

Anyway, everyone has heard the news. The players are unhappy with Cito. JP has been fired.
I'd like to touch on those two subjects.
First, the players don't like Cito? That's a joke.
If indeed that story is true.
I'm going to assume it's all true before I get going...

Ready? Okay.

I understand not liking or not getting along with a manager. That happens.
And I'm not in the clubhouse, but how do you not respect a manager with the pedigree of Cito Gaston? Even if you disagree with what he might be telling you, don't you think it would be a good idea to listen? *Cough* Vernon Wells, Alex Rios (who?)...
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not out to bash those two guys. I'm here to bash any player that has the gall to question Cito's managerial tactics.
You've heard it here before; We all love Cito here at 3 Dusters.
But we're not the only ones. Numerous former players seem to like him as well.
I didn't hear any complaints after the Jays compiled a 78-51 combined record in his first 129 games back as skipper.
As for players complaining about playing time, presumable Lyle Overbay...
Hey Lyle, have you looked at your stats? You hit .190 with 1 HR vs. lefties this year.
Shut up.
The only guy who for sure wasn't pissed with Cito was Lind. The two of them were always seen i the dugout conversing. Hmm...weird. Lind has a fucking monster year.
In closing, the Jays have but a few what I like to call "winning players".

1. Adam Lind
2. Roy Halladay
3. Aaron Hill
4. Marco Scutaro

They also had Scott Rolen, who was the tits this year.
Scutaro will be gone, and Roy may be gone as well.
Travis Snider is also a gem

If possible, management should gas every player who isn't a star player (Roy, Lind, Hill) that Johnny Mac, Rod Barajas, can't get rid of Wells, bye Lyle, Scotty Downs (apparently the pitchers were also very pissed with the manager), good riddance Brian Tallet, Shawn Camp should find the number of the Nationals GM, Joe Inglett? Bye!, See ya Millar - go get a job on TV somewhere. What a bunch of stiffs.

I'd also like to touch on the report that the coaches were divided - Cito's guys; Nick Leyva, Gene Tenace and Dwayne Murphy - and the leftovers from Gibbons; Brad Arnsberg, Brian Butterfield, and Bruce Walton.
Again, what have the latter three coaches ever done? Have some respect.
I hate to keep saying it, but Cito and his coaches know how to win. They've won as coaches and it Tenace's case, won as players as well. No respect shown at all it seems.
I've also heard that some former players have spoken up in support of the current Jays manager.

Great start, terrible finish and a bush league play to hang it on the greatest manager in franchise history. Hey Ceets, show em' your back to back World Series rings!

More on JP next time, I'm spent.

1 comment:

  1. Way to throw me under the bus on Everett...maybe you should actually check out the link I tossed on there. Dust.

    ReplyDelete