Saturday, April 25, 2009

I got punched in the nose for sticking my face in other peoples business.....sounds like a country song!

Hello loyal blog followers,

It is currently 22 degrees and sunny outside yet I am lying in bed watching Seinfeld re-runs... I am no better than the nerdy kid in Nabber’s last post. However, I feel the need to talk about something that I truly cannot stand. Those of you who know me are aware that there is a certain type of music that I absolutely hate, listening to a single song from this so called genre of “music” makes me want to Van Gogh myself, this music is country music.


Now I am no music snob, in fact my musical background includes learning the recorder in gr. 7, extensive hours on Rock Band and 4 months of drum lessons (My lessons are sandwiched in between a 10 year old girl and an 8 year old boy, both of whom are probably better than me). My ITunes playlist includes bands that my 16 year old sister has outgrown, such as Fall Out Boy and Paramore and I am admittedly a huge Coldplay fan, yet I just don’t understand the appeal of country music.


I have tried on many different occasions to get into country music, I’ve spent a few nights at The Corral in Oshawa, listened to my sisters Kenny Chesney CD and even downloaded a few Garth Brooks tunes in my darkest hour, none of these have heightened my interest in country music whatsoever. I look at the most recent Billboard top 200 list and I see Rascal Flats at #3 and Taylor Swift at #10 and just don’t get it, who listens to this crap? How do countless country acts sell out the ACC to 20 000 people who have never even seen a horse in real life, let alone ride one.


I attended my schools final pub night last night and following the bar (which had free finger foods upstairs, I musta had 12 mozza sticks) I went back to my buddies house with his roommates and some friends, as soon as we got back they put on country music, and everyone knew the words! This is not the only time I’ve seen this silliness either, I once attended my cousins school in upstate New York for a weekend to watch some hockey and party and the only music they listened to was country, and yes, everyone knew every word off by heart....madness (Had an unreal time, just don’t like country, sorry Mike).


I really don’t know where I am going with this, I cannot stand country music in any shape or form, I hope I didn’t offend any of you country music enthusiasts out there, if so I have one thing to say....it could be worse, you could be listening to Nickleback.

Enjoy the only version of country music I like, Donkey Kong Country Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment