Wednesday, April 29, 2009

We Like Sportz and We Don't Care Who Knows!

So, Nabber decides to reprimand his colleagues for making useless posts by dropping an equally useless post. Thanks. Oh, and the inclusion of a picture of a businessman who is passed out on a toilet? Great…

The only positive that came out of this was the suggestion that Mr. or Ms. Anonymous has made, requesting that we discuss our own greatest sports related achievements. Greatest sports achievement, eh? Thinking about that just reminds me how little I'm into sports these days other than hacking around on the golf course with the

 boys and lobbing ping pong balls into plastic cups filled with beer (that's right, I'm calling beer pong a sport). 

Since my athletic career is safely on the decline, and my training for baseball has gone from a top priority in life to somewhere between playing Call of Duty 4 and eating a couple pounds of chicken wings, I guess it’s appropriate to look back and pick my favourite moment.

Being named Athlete of the Year and MVP of the baseball team at Durham College is probably my most memorable individual achievement in sports. We were named Team of the Year as well which was also very sweet. The quality of ball or competition that I’ve seen at DC isn’t the best I’ve experienced in my career by any means, but it’s definitely been fun and I’ve won more there in 4 years than I have anywhere else for sure.

So, my biggest achievement came about a month ago, after almost 20 years of playing the game and putting less work into it than I ever have. That’s kind of ironic isn’t it? Maybe I should’ve been pwning noobs on the ol’ 360 and eating at Hooters all along. 

1 comment: