Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm a Fuckin Soldier! And I'm Old School...

First I'd like to thank Kellen Winslow, Jr. for inspiring the title for this post (what a loser).

Let's get right to it. I do not watch reality television (First 48 and programs like that are not the same), so I will not be commenting on The Bachelor and the moronic Jersey Shore escapades.

Garbage. Horseshit. Vomit.

These are just a few of the words that come to mind when I think of these shows.
I am an intelligent, educated man and I will not subject myself to the advances of these ludicrous programs that are infiltrating my TV set based mostly on the fact that they can be produced on thye cheap. They don't have to pay actors. They have to pay for talent. Simple.

Now I will admit, I'm somewhat bitter. I've always dreamed about becoming an award winning thespian, so the idea that these people are on TV and in movies with no talent or experience rankles me...

"Oh, The fucking Situation is on television and is making money and then when the shows over will make even more money because of the show...he's on TV but I'm not?"

Can I be famous? Can I make lots of money? Someone help me out here. Why can't Teebs, Goody and Myself be on a show? It'd be funnier than anything out there. Book it!

Anyway, I'm an old school kind of guy. I like watching sports, old Seinfeld and Fresh Prince re-runs and a good ole Catch-the-bad-guy-crime show. Call me old fashioned, but I like watching things that make me say, "Well that's absolutely hilarious. No way I could do that."

I go to the gym, go for a tan and do laundry everyday pal...except I actually do none of those things on a daily basis.
I'm lazy, so no gym there.
I don't tan in the winter that's just silly.
And my girlfriend does my laundry.

But I could do those things! I could...I really could.

On a side note, I love the Leafs trade. Burkie is not fooling around. They won the deal, Phaneuf will step his game up and Giguere will get back to being a very good goalie now that he's re-united with Francois Allaire, his old goaltending coach.

And I like the Colts in the SuperBowl this weekend. I don't like predicting scores, but I think the Saints might be a little too amped up. The Colts, for the most part (and more importantly Peyton Manning) have been there before, so I think Indy takes it.
What? You want a score?...Ok, Ok.

Colts 34
Saints 23

No comments:

Post a Comment