Monday, March 8, 2010

I Can't Think of a Witty Title

Good to see the other 2 dusters get back in the mix here. Just hopped on here to touch on a few topics real quick.

1) I didn't even watch the finale of the Bachelor. After Gia got the boot and it became clear that Vienna was gonna take the cake I completely lost interest. The meaningless and horrible "Women Tell All" episode certainly didn't help the cause. I would like to point out that in an earlier column I predicted Ali becoming the next Bachelorette, which is actually happening. Good for me.

2) Ryan Howard is an idiot. If anyone reading this has ever watched a minute of baseball, please watch this (Hazel Mae with a nice appearance). There is so much wrong with his response about hitting .300 I can't even begin to fathom what is going through his head. "...I don't think people take into account how many hits I have taken away from the shift....if you add those hits back in, I'm hitting close to .300..." What the hell is that? Add those hits back in? Who does this guy think he is?

This is pretty much the equivalent of a reporter asking Alex Ovechkin, "Alex, what would it take for you to score 70 goals this year?" "Well, I feel like I've scored 70 goals every year, I don't think people take into account the goals that I've scored that get taken away by the goalies making saves."

News Flash: If you hit .270, you hit .270, you don't get to change the 30 line drives or deep fly balls that were caught into hits. Retard. Maybe he'd like to take away a few of his 200 strikeouts a year and change those into hits too. Might push him to .320. What a joke.

3) Nabber's not gonna like this, but I've recently made my first attempt at quitting dip/chew. I've been off the Skoal for a couple weeks now. I'm certainly aware of the negative effects it has on one's health, but that's not really what's behind my attempt to quit. It's the $15 price tag on tins at my local convenience stores and gas stations. Yes, I know they sell them for $10 at Smokey's Way on Simcoe, but even that's a lot. It should be noted that I've never really been a bigtime dipper compared to some people I know. I'd bang out 1 tin, occasionally 2 tins, per week, nothing major. So, you would think it wouldn't be that hard to stop...

Let's just say I'm absolutely dying for a pinch lately. I think about it all the time. I miss everything about it. It sucks.

4) Back to baseball real quick. I read a post on facebook where some guy that I don't know said "Vernon Wells needs to take hitting lessons". Of course, this bothered me. Hitting lessons? Really? Here's a lesson for everyone. Baseball is not golf, no one takes lessons. You take batting practice. You do hitting drills. Figure it out.

Here's one more lesson. Don't chirp my boyfriend Vernon, he's doing his best.

5) A few posts back I recommended The Hurt Locker to our readers. It won Best Picture last night at The Oscars and set a record for being the lowest grossing movie to win that award. I thought it was one of the more deserving winners in recent years. I was glad to see it beat out the overhyped, and maybe slightly overrated, Avatar.

That's about all for now. I'm gonna go buy 100 Skoal tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment