Monday, March 8, 2010

Shorts!? Really!!??

I made my way up to the University campus on this beautiful day to have my grad photos taken. I enjoyed the drive along Taunton and up Simcoe with my windows down while I blasted Yeasayer. The unseasonably warm weather had me in jeans, a polo, and a rather heavy jacket which I probably didn't need to wear but was glad I did when I walked anywhere which the sun was not exposed. I parked my vehicle and began my 5 minute walk to the Student Centre to make love to the camera, on my way I came across a once endangered species, a species that now seems to be anything but endangered, but rather becoming more and more prevalent throughout North America every year. I am talking about, of course, the shortus weareritis. I said it myself earlier, it was a beautiful day, but that doesn't mean it's anywhere near warm up enough for short pants. I checked the weather app on my phone and to my surprise it was only 8 degress out, the way some of these plugs were dressed you woulda thought it was 35. I saw a few guys in shorts and t shirts, and then I saw a pair of dudes in shorts, hoodies, and one was even wearing a freaking toque! How is it that your head and ears as well as your arms are cold enough to cover up with material, but your legs are too warm, and need to be exposed? I know that everybody is getting excited because of the recent warm weather, but let's not get carried away people. Keep your legs covered until it hits 10 or 15 degrees at the very least.

1 comment:

  1. I have discovered that many people become mildly retarded during intermediate weather periods. Driving, dressing, speaking (talking about the weather-yes, I did notice all the fucking sunshine. What of it??). People really, REALLY don't like change. It throws them off their game, and some peoples' game is pretty poor and embarrassing in the first place so...natural selection, have at it.

    ReplyDelete