Friday, March 5, 2010

Since You've Been Goneeeee

The recent effort of Nabber and myself has been pretty brutes marutes, kudos to Tbo for keeping things afloat with news of the bachelor while Nabber and I neglected this once widely popular blog.

A lot has happened since I last posted, the Olympic Games have come and gone to some scrutiny and much fanfare across Canada. The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love has come to a stupid yet predictable ending, and believe it or not; I actually have made my way to a place of excerice on a somewhat regular basis...pretty much look like The Situation these days.

Much has been written about the Olympic Games in Vancouver, Tbo talked about how some nations blasted the games for the small technical difficulties during the opening ceremonies and the lack of snow throughout Vancouver and Whistler, as well as the lack of organization during the 2 week celebration of sport. I agree with him that it is ridiculous for these people to ridicule the games for reasons which are out of our hands, as well as simple glitches that probably shouldn't have happened, but have no bearing on the outcome of any of the events. Now that the games are over it seems the only people that are still sour are the Russians, but this probably has more to do with the poor showing by their athletes than the Games themselves.

From a viewing perspective I thought the games were amazing, the coverage on TSN, CTV and Sportsnet (sorry APTN and RDS but you both suck) had many people waking up early and even more going to bed late so they could watch the ending of some ridiculous event that they would otherwise flip right by. I think that is what makes the games so amazing, especially when they are in Canada and so many of our athletes have a chance at doing something amazing. Watching something like Skeleton would never be exciting if it weren't for some beauty competing, winning, and boozing on the street after. Like Nabber, I won't be watching quite as much when the games are in Snookie, Russia, or whatever the place was called, but I am glad I had the opportunity to see such a successful Olympics Games in Canada in my lifetime.

On a side note, I loved the segments showing the medal winners with "I Believe" playing in the background, but If I ever hear that song again I'm going to lose my mind.


The Bachelor is over and Jake chose Vienna. The ending was lame, the after the rose show after was even lamer and I probably won't ever watch this show again.....Who am I kidding, did you hear Ali is the next Bachelorette? Who is down for a pool, $20 a person, winner take all? Viewing party at my house every week, be there.

Oh yes, The gym....I've been a few times, hate my life, had Arby's and then wings and deep fried pickles lastnight. Beach....here I come.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the song. It was silly in the first place and hearing it basically every time I turned on the tv was maddening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I Believe" must go. Additionally, that girl should be arrested for butchering our anthem opening night...
    As for Bachelorette, if no one joins your pool Mat, you can come by the Williams residence. It's pretty much a hobby with Ash Galea coming over, watching men with great bods while we, (surprise), eat treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. men with hot bods? treats? I'm there.

    ReplyDelete