Friday, March 27, 2009

Gym Nonsense, Part II

Thank you for that fascinating piece Goody. It made me think about the gym on two levels.
First, that I haven't been since September of 2008. And second, that I too have noticed gymgoers using their cellphones whilst working out. Now, it's been so long since I've been to the gym that I don't think the Blackberry existed, but that's neither here nor there.
Goody's post has inspired me to vent about my own frustrations while working out at the local gymnasium, and about how I too, have been witness to maddening antics by fellow gymgoers.
Why can't people be like me and just go about their business in a polite, respectful and unassuming manner?
There are few different 'guys' at the gym.
You have It's-not-my-gym, it's-not-where-I-live, so-I'm-just-going-to-leave-all-the-weights I've-just-used-all-over-the-floor-so-that-the-next-person-that-comes-over-here-has-to stumble-and-trip-all-over-them. And-then-has-to-put-them-away-for-me Guy.
Well I've got two words for you pal: Fuck You.
Next, we have Hey-look-at-me, I'm-working-out-with-weights! Guy.
This guy brings attention to something we already know by screaming, grunting and ugghhhhing his way through every rep and set of his workout.
Hey buddy, this isn't your own private gym, keep the goddam noise down. If you closed your eyes and turned your head in the other direction, you'd think he was getting rammed up the ass. I don't need to hear it.
This concludes my lambasting of fools in the gym.
There's a lot more ground to cover, so I think I'll let Teebs knock out the last post on this issue.
See what you've done Goody? Pat yourself on the back, a la Barry Horowitz.
Everyone here is better for it, especially if any of our six readers are these meatheads we're talking about.
Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment