Friday, March 20, 2009

What's the Story, Morning Glory?

Sha-boyyyy

Good evening plugs and plugettes (Who am I kidding, no girls are ever gonna read this. Do I even talk to girls? Fuck me.) I don’t know what’s in the water these days, but I’m finding that a lot of people I meet are, how do you say, fuckin’ storytellers. Now I’m not talking about Robert Munsch or Dean Koontz here, these are people who just drop pure fiction about their lives in order to feel better about themselves and then inexplicably expect people to believe these fables. I mean, everyone’s gotta pump their tires up once in a while, but people can’t be telling outrageous stories about themselves in public. Especially ones that can be completely refuted by the people whom they wish to enlighten.

It happens everywhere I go. At school, work, the gym (all 3 times), the bar, the spa, the rub & tug, the rippers, the adult video store, everywhere. Most of my experiences with storytelling have actually taken place in the sports environment. Perhaps it’s an issue of trying to impress the boys or it could be a matter of an individual believing that they are much more of a stud than they really are. I don’t know the psychology of human beings well enough to speculate too much on that. What I do know, however, is that these people must think I’m a fucking huge dolt if they think I’m really gonna buy in to their lies.

I’d love to provide some examples but I don’t know who’s gonna read this and I don’t want to break any storytellers’ hearts out there by calling them out on one of their own bullshit stories. Just know that I’m always looking for a silly little story and if it’s ridiculous enough I will for sure call bullshit on them. Oh yeah… if what you have just read means nothing to you and you don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about, you’re the storyteller and you need to figure it out.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know what you're talking about here. I find that most bullshit stories are told - very loudly - on public transportation. Particularly when the stories are unflattering to the story teller. I think I speak for most, if not all other people on the bus when I say that no one gives a fuck about whether their boyfriend beats them or what kind of stupid shit they got up to when they were drunk, or what questionable colour their semen is. Not relevant information. My tactic is to tune it out, OR tell an even more oulandish story about yourself that is so outrageous, it can't be interpreted as anything other than a mockery of their fucking lies. LOL you really struck a nerve with this one...

    ~A

    ReplyDelete